CAMPING RULES & REGULATIONS
- 4-WHEEL DRIVE – No vehicle is permitted to leave the designated paved camp roads unless entering and exiting your site. Do not drive across open fields or lawns.
- ALCOHOL – Alcohol may be used in moderation and must be kept to your campsite. No alcohol is permitted in any recreation area.
- ANIMALS – Do not trap or kill any wild animal. Especially snakes which are harmless and beneficial.
- APPRECIATION CARD – Pick up your Appreciation Card at the front desk. It entitles you to a discount on all subsequent camping visits this year. Not valid for holidays, festival weekends, camping packages or recreation.
- CHAIN SAWS – Use of chain saw and axes is prohibited.
- CHECK IN/OUT – Check-in is from 3pm-9pm the day of your arrival. Friday/Saturday night check-ins may arrive and set up camp up until 11pm. No one will be permitted to enter camp after 11pm unless they have already been issued a car pass. Late night check-ins are disruptive to other campers who are observing quiet hours and have already gone to bed. Check-out for campsites is by 1pm the day of your departure. Check-out for Cabins is by 11am.
- CHINESE LANTERNS – Prohibited. DO NOT light and release. They litter this beautiful area and are a fire hazard.
- CODE OF CONDUCT – We shouldn’t even feel the need to put this in here. However; for those who are looking for a rowdy, disrupt-your-neighbor kind of time, please leave now and find another location in which to enjoy your festivities. All who wish to stay and play-by-day & sleep-at-night are asked to help camp security by reporting violators immediately to the front desk before losing a night’s sleep. Disturbances including but not limited to foul language, loud radios, speeding, yelling and screaming, late night partying will not be tolerated. Violators will be escorted out of camp without refund.
- CURFEW – All youth 17 and younger must report back to their campsites by 10pm. All recreation areas are closed at dusk; this includes but is not limited to the pond, playgrounds, archery, mini-golf, pavilion/gazebo, Family Center, etc. No loitering at shower houses. Keep off the Stage.
- DIGGING – Do not dig to ditch tents, build fires, etc. Also, do not encourage erosion by digging stairs into the river bank.
- DRONES – For the privacy of our guests, drones are prohibited on camp property.
- EMERGENCY PHONE – 24 hour access to an emergency phone is available at the front desk on the outside East wall next to security.
- FIREARMS & FIREWORKS – Use of firearms and fireworks is prohibited at all times. This also includes air powered rifles/hand guns, airsoft weapons.
- FIRES – Fire rings are not provided. Build fires where they do not damage surrounding trees. Do not dig pits.
- GENERATORS – Use of generators is not permitted in camp. The only exception for generator use is during the Mohican Bluegrass Festival in the designated areas.
- GOLF CARTS – Golf Carts are not permitted in camp with the exception of during the Mohican Bluegrass Festival and by camp staff.
- GREY WATER – All grey water must be poured in slop drains or latrines. Each shower house is equipped with dumping stations.
- HARASSMENT OF CANOERS – Harassment of any kind of passing canoers is grounds for removal from the campground and a report to the sheriff’s office. This activity is punishable by law. This includes anyone renting a Mohican Wilderness canoe, kayak or tube.
- LATRINES – Do not put anything in the latrines that you have not already eaten or drunk.
- MOTOR BIKES, GOLF CARTS, ATV’s, SIDE-BY-SIDES, MINI BIKES and MOTORCYCLES ARE PROHIBITED. (Motorcycles may be driven when entering and exiting camp, may not be used for cruising around camp). Golf carts are prohibited with the exception of the Mohican Bluegrass Festival dates and by use of camp staff.
- PETS – All pets, including horses, are welcome if controlled, clean, and quiet. PET OWNERS ARE REQUIRED TO CLEAN UP PET FECES IN ALL AREAS OF CAMP WHERE THEIR PETS HAVE EVACUATED THEIR BOWELS. Clean up fees of $75 will be charged to those who leave pet feces on their sites after departure. Pets must remain on your site.
- PICNIC TABLES – One table is provided for each site. Picnic tables are not to be moved from their corresponding site.
- QUIET HOURS – 11pm-8am. No loud music, voice or partying permitted anytime during the day or night.
- TRAFFIC – Speed limit is 10MPH. Excessive speed is unsafe and cause for eviction. All drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- TRASH – Place trash in front of your site along the camp’s road. Tie bags closed. Pick-up is each evening around 7pm. We will recycle aluminum cans and donate them (must be separated from all other trash).
WE DO NOT DISPOSE OF LARGE ITEMS: TUBES, TIRES, GRILLS, APPLICANCES, RUGS, etc.
THESE ITEMS MUST BE TAKEN HOME WITH YOU. $100 disposal fee applies.
- TREES – No tree of any size may be cut or damaged in any way.
- VISITORS – Day visitor hours are 9AM-11PM. Visitors will not be permitted to register after 9pm. All day visitors must exit the facility no later than 11PM. Those found in breach of visitor hours will be assessed the appropriate fees for their stay.
- WATER USE – Do not desecrate this beautiful area by turning it into a car wash. Constantly running water to wash cars or RV’s, run children’s toys or to fill swimming pools/spas is prohibited.
IN THE EVENT OF SEVERE WEATHER: TAKE SHELTER IN A SHOWER HOUSE.
IN THE EVENT OF FLOODING: DRIVE OUT OF CAMP USING THE MAIN ROAD RUNNING BEHIND THE OFFICE, EXIT THE CAMP DRIVE, TURN LEFT ON WALLY RD TO SR514 (THE RIVER FLOODS WALLY ROAD NORTH OF THE CAMP ONE MILE).