Fun on the Mohican River
|RIVER CONDITIONS |
Canoe livery is CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Weekday runs: (Monday-Friday) 11AM; 1PM. 5 & 10 mile trips available. Sign up in office (sign up cutoff is 15 minutes prior to the scheduled run).
Saturday runs: First come first served for our overnight campers (no drop ins permitted at this time). 5-mile trip only.
Sunday runs: Trips leave at the top of the hour 9AM-4PM, sign ups close 15 minutes prior to departure. 5-mile and 10-mile trips available.
COVID-19 NEWS UPDATE – RIVER TRIPS
The following information supersedes any and all published information regarding river trips at Mohican Wilderness until further notice
All individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when:
The order only requires those 10 years old or older to wear a mask. Additional exclusions include:
Canoe trips at Mohican Wilderness 2020:
Canoeing, Kayaking and Tubing
Prices are per person & are pre-tax (7.25% local tax)
Rates are based on a minimum of 2 paying customers per canoe. Children under the age of 10 are free when riding with 2 other paying persons in the same canoe. Price includes transportation to launch sites.
Rates – per person
2 Miles (tubing only)
$12 (1 person minimum charge per tube)
$22 (2 person minimum charge per canoe)
$30 (2 person minimum charge per canoe)
$40 (2 person minimum charge per canoe)
Trip Lengths and information
2 Mile Trip (1-1.5 hrs) – Not operating until further notice.
Tube Only; transportation in-camp.
5 Mile Trip (1.5-2 hrs)
Canoe back to MW; no pickup time (3-4 hours for tubes).
10 Mile Trip (3-4 hrs) – See special details above regarding this trip.
Canoe Loudonville to MW, no pick up time or canoe MW to Brinkhaven with 5pm pickup. Add $10/person if driver makes return trip to pick your group up (6-8 hours for tubes).
20 Mile Trip (6-8 hrs) – Not operating until further notice.
Canoe Loudonville to Brinkhaven with a 5pm pick up. Add $10/person if driver makes return trip to pick your group up (Tubes not permitted).
- Reservations are a MUST Sunday through Friday. Those who show up to the camp are subject to availability.
- Saturdays (and Sundays of Memorial/Labor Day weekends) will be first come first served from Memorial weekend through mid-August and Labor Day weekend.
- Large groups of 30 or more are highly encouraged to notify our office and schedule a departure time in advance. Payment due at time of reservation.
- 5 & 10 mile trips:
Monday-Friday trips leave at 11am & 1pm.
Saturday trips are first come first served from Memorial weekend through mid-August and Labor Day weekend or by reservation during the off season.
Last 10 mile trip for canoes/kayaks leaves at 3pm.
Last 5 mile for tubes leaves at 3pm.
Last 10 mile for tubes leaves at 1pm.
- 2-mile trips (tubes only):
Monday-Friday trips leave at 10:30, 1 & 2:30.
Saturday and Sunday trips leave at 10, 11:30, 1, 2:30 & 4.
- Small or Medium coolers ONLY – must fit on your lap.
- No parking permitted at Mohican Wilderness Landings.
- No personal inflatables permitted.
- Transport of personal non-inflatables available for half price.
- Guests not camping at Mohican Wilderness should plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. All persons (18+) must sign our GENERAL LIABILITY WAIVER.
- As a courtesy to our guests, our river trips will depart on time. Those who are late and miss the departure will not be rescheduled and will not receive a refund. We appreciate your timeliness and cooperation. If our drivers are running behind…lucky you.
Click here for information about our FAMILY VACATION PACKAGE
Your best recreational bargain!